Saturday, December 20, 2008

His first doctors appointment.

Well, today Teague, my mama and I all went to his first doctors appointment. He has coombs (which means that our blood mixed. My blood type is a negative and his is a positive) He's case isn't very serious, but sometimes it means that the baby has to have a full blood transfusion. Luckily for us he is doing amazing and it wasn't serious. It also leads to animia and can make babies have worse janduce. That's the main reason we went in.
He has gained back most of his weight, he's at 7lbs. 3oz. only 2oz. shy of his birth weight which is great, beacuse usually it takes about 2 weeks for them to gain it all back. So our baby is flourishing. I couldn't be more proud of my boy!
Also, last night while I was up with him, I discovered how much he loves his binki, its so cute to watch him suck on it, its as big as his head, ha ha.
Today when we were all up, grandma was holding him and I went over by where they were sitting and he followed my voice to look at me, it was the most adorable thing. I can't believe how fast he's growing and learning.

Once my cousin shows me how to be all niffty on this blog i'll add some pictures I took.

No comments: